Overcoming team challenges is my specialty.
If the world runs on teams, why do so few reach their full potential? That is where I come in, offering team development workshops and individual coaching. Over 5,000 people have participated in my Destination Unstoppable® and Win Like A Girl® workshops, including 1,600 athletes and coaches.
What I do
I help corporate leaders and sports coaches maximize the potential of their individuals and teams so that they can unite to overcome big obstacles and achieve significant goals.
My Destination Unstoppable® and Win Like A Girl® programs are most valuable to mission-based teams that have a deep desire to succeed and are willing to work hard to get there.
Watch my interview with Coach T.J. Buchanan, Director of Sport Development at World Lacrosse to learn how he’s leveraged Destination Unstoppable to be a better leader, family man, and coach.
How I do it
I offer training to help leaders, coaches, and teams reach their full potential. All roads begin with a talent assessment—the greatness on the inside fuels the greatness on the outside.
- Identify the greatness – I leverage the Clifton StrengthsFinder® to measure that internal greatness so that we bring a “whole person” approach to success. Your strengths are your unique toolkit to achieve success in everything else we learn.
- Identify performance gravity – what’s holding the team back? Often it’s low trust, fear, and strained relationships. What’s your team’s gravity? Does your team invest in a trust bank? A divided team is a losing team. My teams run like a pack.
- Expand the comfort zone – there is no prescription Confidence Pill. Confidence requires training, deliberate practice, and relentless encouragement. We don’t remove fear, we build bravery. And we track progress daily.
- Adopt self-leadership principles – if you cannot lead yourself through the minefield of your own emotions, you cannot lead others. Great leadership begins with great self-leadership. Taking full ownership of everything you say or do is essential. And it’s hard work.
- Training outcomes include stronger people, stronger teams, and stronger performance.
"Last night went really well! The girls were so engaged in the lesson and what each other had to say. We have two success statements, the first is in the New Zealand language "Mana" which means power and the other phrase is "never back, always ahead." Everyone was very confident in their new role and shared it with the team, so they will be held accountable. I think this is a great start to our season and just what we needed."
"One player has driven me crazy for years wanting to know if she'll play a certain position or run a certain play "all season." It is SO helpful to know that she has Competition and Futuristic as her top two strengths. Now I know why she wants to maximize the teams wins and wants me to map out the whole darn season. My patience has gone up with her need to know the future, which is really awesome! Have I said "Thank You" too much? Impossible!"
"A big thank you and deep appreciation for your help with our Senior Leadership Team offsite. I think it was very well received and sets us up for a different kind of engagement."